The holiday season is a time for family and friends and celebrating the year gone by. But it’s also a time to express gratitude to the people who make our businesses possible: our employees! They deserve a big thank you for their hard work. Recognizing employees is essential. Here are some great ideas to show your staff some extra love this holiday season. From fun activities to delicious treats, there’s something for everyone. So get started and surprise your employees with a holiday they’ll never forget!
Why Thank Your Staff for Their Hard Work During the Holidays An organization needs to recognize employees for their hard work and dedication. Employee morale is important and can be improved when employees feel valued and appreciated. It also increases employee engagement which is key to a thriving organization.
Simple Holiday Employee Recognition Ideas There are many different ways to reward employees, and the type of reward best depends on your company culture and the individual employees you are trying to motivate. However, some general tips for rewarding employees during the holiday season include recognizing employee achievements and taking care of their needs during this busy time of year. Something as simple as bringing in breakfast on a busy Monday morning or taking the team out for lunch on a slow Friday afternoon can be a pleasant surprise. An extra day off can be beneficial if they have to work on holidays or put in extra hours during the busy season. And, of course, you can always show your appreciation with small employee appreciation gifts like some company swag, a bonus, or even a handwritten note expressing your gratitude and wishing you a happy holiday season. Each team member contributes to the entire organization’s success, so this personal touch will let them know that their individual contribution is valued.
Special Holiday Employee Appreciation Ideas While employee gifts and free employee appreciation ideas are great, if you want to show your employees how much more you appreciate them, try going the extra mile. The most common of businesses’ holiday traditions is to throw a company holiday party for their staff. Here are some extra special ideas to include in this festive celebration, to celebrate employee appreciation day, or to surprise your employees any other day during the holiday or throughout the year.
1. Relaxation stations Rent a few massage chairs, oxygen bars, or relaxation chairs for the office and let your employees enjoy some stress-free time during their workday.
2. Virtual reality break room Set up a virtual reality station in the break room for employees to enjoy during their lunch breaks.
3. Movie screens Rent a movie screen to show employee-favorite films or holiday classics.
4. Concession rentals Make your office feel like a party by renting a chili and nacho bar, popcorn machine, hot dog cart, pretzel stand, cotton candy machine, or even a fondue fountain! What’s better than dipping fruit, marshmallows, or cookies into melted chocolate?
5. Hypnotist and magic shows A hypnotist or magic show is a great way to add fun, mystery, and wonder to your company’s holiday celebration.
6. Karaoke Let your employees take the stage and show off their singing talents with karaoke.
7. Game shows Jeopardy, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, The Dating Game, and Deal or No Deal are great options for adding fun and friendly competition to your office.
8. Adult tricycles Rent adult tricycles for your employees to enjoy during their lunch break or after work.
9. Escape rooms This is an excellent option for adding some excitement and intrigue to your party! Plus, it’s a great team-building activity.
10. Wagon rides If you have an outdoor space, wagon rides are a great way to add festive fun for your employees.
11. Mechanical bull A mechanical bull is an incredibly fun way to surprise your employees.
12. Anywhere laser tag This is an excellent team-building activity or just letting off some steam after work hours.
13. Photo 360 booths A photo 360 booth is an excellent way for your employees to capture memories with their peers.
14. Gift cards Everyone loves a gift card. Get each of your employees a card to their favorite restaurant or store. This is great for remote employees. While not everyone celebrates Christmas, all these activities, gifts, and treats can bring a little holiday cheer and are a great way to promote teamwork and bonding while also giving employees an opportunity to relax and enjoy themselves during the holiday season. A little extra effort during the winter holidays can go a long way in making employees feel appreciated and creating a positive and productive workplace all year long. At Big Bounce Fun House Rentals, we can help you plan an event that will make your team feel appreciated and special. Contact us today to get started!